Vi’s Top of Tantalus Final Instructions, 4/2/22
Aloha, racers! We’re very excited to see you all for Saturday’s 7 mile race on the beautiful trails of Tantalus!
Please review the following carefully. We are looking forward to an enjoyable and safe race!
Contact us if you have any questions.
– Sara and Judy
- No parking inside the Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a State Park for racers. Parking inside the park is limited to volunteers. All participants must park on the shoulder of the roadway (Round Top Drive) outside of the State Park, with all tires off of the pavement. Carpooling is highly encouraged, as shoulder space is limited. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- The state park is open to the public so please be courteous to other outdoor enthusiasts on the course.
- Please print and carry the course map.
- COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed.
- Face covering is required for all at the start and the finish.
- Check-in on race morning will be required at a table set up next to the parking lot across from the restroom between 7:20 and 7:55 am. If you miss the 7:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start.
- At check-in, participants will be given a bib with an assigned number.
- Once check-in is complete we will walk toward the start at the Lookout. You will be expected to physically spread out until the 8:00 am start, keeping social distance from others and leaving your face covering on.
- This trail is heavily used and can be narrow. Please use a face covering when passing other trail users. The trail will marked with green ribbons outbound, orange ribbons on return to the park. Blue = Bad. If you see a trail intersection with blue ribbons, it is not part of the race course.
- There are no aid stations and the course is rugged and can be hot. We encourage participants to carry at least 20 ounces of water.
- If you leave the course for any reason, you must check back with the volunteers on course or at the finish so we can account for your whereabouts.
- All volunteers will wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Toilet is available at start/finish.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided a pre-packaged snack and bottled water/sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Everyone must comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the area promptly after you finish.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19, you should isolate for 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms.
- Contact us. The State Department of health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.