- This trail race has passed.
Trail Half Marathon
July 24 @ 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
For those looking for a technical and challenging trail half marathon, we have an adventure for you!
Starting from Makiki pumping station, Tantalizing Tantalus Trail Half Marathon takes you to Jackass Ginger trailhead where you will turn around after crossing Nu’uanu stream. The beautiful course greets you with lovely roots, rocks, mud puddles, streams, hills, hills… and hills with a total elevation gain of 3,690ft (1,125m).
*Only 1 ticket per account is allowed to be purchased.
Registration opens July 8, 2021, at 6:30am.
Deadline to register: July 20, 2021, at 11:30pm.
START LOCATION AND COURSE MAP
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed, we need to comply with the < 15-minute contact guidance from the CDC.
- PARKING: All participants must park on the shoulder with all tires COMPLETELY off the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- Respect the surrounding residential area at an early hour. Please keep the noise level down.
- For runners unfamiliar with the course, the course map is available for download to print or to save on your phone.
- We will have one self-service water only aid station at the turnaround.
- Runners who fail to check in at the turnaround aid station will be disqualified.
- All runners are required to carry a minimum 500ml (17oz) of water from the start, and from the turnaround aid station.
- The trails are open to the public. Please be courteous to other trail users.
- Portable toilet available at the Start/Finish.
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- CHECK-IN: Runners should make their way to the tables set up in the Archie Baker Park at your check in time. Upon arrival at your check-in time, do not comingle with entrants on the start line in the previous wave.
Check in time:
Wave 1 – 6:25am – 6:55am (No wave 2 check ins during this time)
Race starts at 7am
Wave 2 – 6:55am – 7:25am
Race starts at 7:30am
- TEMPERATURE: Participants and volunteers will have a temperature taken with a temperature of lower than 100.4 °F on race morning in order to participate. Temperature will be taken at check-in by a volunteer. If your temperature is at or above 100.4 °F, you will be refused entry into the event and asked to leave the premises promptly.
- Participants and volunteers will need to respond to the COVID questionnaire with all “no” answers in order to participate. The questionnaire will be made available at check-in.
- STAGGERED START: The start will be staggered – 50* runners (*number may be adjusted based upon current restrictions) every 30 minutes to allow greater physical distancing. Start waves will be distributed via email to participants by Friday, July 23.
- Check-in volunteers will wear PPE masks. Writing instruments will be marked as cleaned and dirty. Cleaning of marking instruments will be performed at Start/Finish by volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
- At the end of the race, you will be provided bottled water and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- In keeping with the CDC guidance and contact tracing, we need all to comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the premise promptly.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST-RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19 via a Laboratory test, the Department of Health (DOH) will be notified of your result, either from the laboratory or your caregiver. Per guidance, at https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/what-you-should-know/what-hdoh-is-doing/ “you should isolate for at least 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms. DOH contact tracers work directly with the confirmed case to identify any close contacts. If through the investigation the contact tracer determines that through your participation in the training run, you might have had close contact with others, you will be asked to contact those people and alert them of your positive test result”
- For tracking persons, if you need contact information for those deemed close contacts by DOH, please contact us.