Out and Back 22 miler
Run with the Pigs
August 14, 2021 @ 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Maunawili Out-n-Back is a trail run on primarily single-track and jeep road starting near the Ko’olau Golf Course, going to the trailhead in Waimanalo, and returning on the same route. The trail travels in and out of valleys along the Ko’olau mountain range; it is normally very hot, humid, and muddy with rolling hills and frequent stream bed crossings. Aid is provided only at the 11-mile turnaround point, so carrying a minimum of 70 ounces of fluids and supplies is mandatory.
*Only 1 ticket per account is allowed to be purchased.
Registration opens July 26, 2021, at 12:01am.
Deadline to register: August 10, 2021, at 11:30pm.
START LOCATION, PARKING, AND COURSE MAP
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed, we need to comply with the < 15-minute contact guidance from the CDC.
- PARKING: All participants must park on the shoulder with all tires COMPLETELY off the roadway. Carpooling and using a rideshare service is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- We will have one self-service water only aid station at the turnaround.
- All runners are required to carry a minimum 2 Liters (70oz) of water from the start, and from the turnaround aid station.
- The trails are open to the public. Please be courteous to other trail users. Runners must always yield to horses.
- Portable toilets will NOT be available.
- Entrants are required to ensure their bib number has been recorded at the turn-around aid station and must notify a race official if they need to leave the course.
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- CHECK-IN: Check-in for all participants will be from 5:15 to 5:55 at tables set up near the start. While waiting to check-in and waiting for the start, please maintain a safe distance from others.
- TEMPERATURE: Participants and volunteers will have a temperature taken with a temperature of lower than 100.4 °F on race morning in order to participate. Temperature will be taken at check-in by a volunteer. If your temperature is at or above 100.4 °F, you will be refused entry into the event and asked to leave the premises promptly.
- Participants and volunteers will need to respond to the COVID questionnaire with all “no” answers in order to participate. The questionnaire will be made available at check-in.
- Check-in volunteers will wear PPE masks. Writing instruments will be marked as cleaned and dirty. Cleaning of marking instruments will be performed at Start/Finish by volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
- At the end of the race, you will be provided bottled water and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- In keeping with the CDC guidance and contact tracing, we need all to comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the premise promptly.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST-RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19 via a Laboratory test, the Department of Health (DOH) will be notified of your result, either from the laboratory or your caregiver. Per guidance, at https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/what-you-should-know/what-hdoh-is-doing/ “you should isolate for at least 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms. DOH contact tracers work directly with the confirmed case to identify any close contacts. If through the investigation the contact tracer determines that through your participation in the training run, you might have had close contact with others, you will be asked to contact those people and alert them of your positive test result”
- For tracking persons, if you need contact information for those deemed close contacts by DOH, please contact us.
RUNNER START LIST
- Runner start list will be posted here by August 13, 2021.
- Results will be posted here after the race.