- This trail race has passed.
Kaʻena Point Firecracker
July 3 @ 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
This race is a fast, flat, out-and-back course that is a little longer than 10 miles and parallels the ocean along jeep trails and an old sugar cane rail line. The course runs from the end of the pavement at Mokulē’ia past Dillingham Airfield and Camp Erdman, to where the pavement begins again on the Waianae coast side at Yokohama Bay. We will have a self-service aid station with water set up at the turnaround, however, we will require ALL runners to carry adequate water (at least one 20 ounce bottle) during the run. It is a hot course without much shade. Please feel free to be “Holiday Festive” in your attire.
*Only 1 ticket per account is allowed to be purchased.
Registration opens on June 20, 2021, at 5:00am.
Deadline to register: June 30, 2021, at 11:30pm.
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed, we need to comply with the < 15-minute contact guidance from the CDC.
- PARKING: All participants must park on the roadside with all tires COMPLETELY off the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- CHECK-IN: No sooner than 15 minutes prior to the runner’s respective start time, runners should make their way to the three tables set up in the parking lot near the trail head. Upon arrival at your check-in time, do not comingle with entrants on the start line in the previous wave.
- TEMPERATURE: Participants and volunteers will have a temperature taken with a temperature of lower than 100.4 °F on race morning in order to participate. Temperature will be taken at check-in by a volunteer. If your temperature is at or above 100.4 °F, you will be refused entry into the event and asked to leave the premises promptly.
- Participants and volunteers will need to respond to the COVID questionnaire with all “no” answers in order to participate. The questionnaire will be made available at check-in.
- STAGGERED START: The start will be staggered – 25* runners (*number may be adjusted based upon current restrictions) every 15 minutes to allow greater physical distancing. Start waves will be distributed via email to participants by Friday, July 2.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are required for all runners at check-in and when passing any other trail users. HURT will provide a face covering for this race at the start.
- All volunteers will wear PPE (masks and gloves). Writing instruments will be marked as cleaned and dirty. Cleaning of marking instruments will be performed at Start/Finish by volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Portable toilet available at the Start/Finish.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided bottled water and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- In keeping with the CDC guidance and contact tracing, we need all to comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the premise promptly.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19 via a Laboratory test, the Department of Health (DOH) will be notified of your result, either from the laboratory or your caregiver. Per guidance, at https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/what-you-should-know/what-hdoh-is-doing/ “you should isolate for at least 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms. DOH contact tracers work directly with the confirmed case to identify any close contacts. If through the investigation the contact tracer determines that through your participation in the training run, you might have had close contact with others, you will be asked to contact those people and alert them of your positive test result”
- For tracking persons, if you need contact information for those deemed close contacts by DOH, please contact us.