- This trail race has passed.
ʻAiea Loop Express
Help kick off the 2022 HURT Trail Series and celebrate St. Patrickʻs Day by wearing lots o’ green to properly enjoy this forested and often mud-featured loop trail in Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area. Our classic route will take you 6.5+ miles into lush valleys and up along semi-open ridges that offer views of historic Halawa Valley, the southern coast of O’ahu, and the Wai’anae Range to the West. Watch for leprechauns…
March 19 @ 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
*PURCHASE ONLY 1 TICKET PER ACCOUNT.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEB 26, AT 12:30AM.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: MAR 16, AT 11:30PM.
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed.
- Face covering is required for all at the start and the finish.
- IMPORTANT: Parking inside Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area will be limited to the first 20 vehicles that contain two or more participating runners. Cars containing fewer than two participating runners must park in the surrounding residential area outside the Recreation Area. After those first 20 vehicles, all subsequent vehicles will also be directed to park outside the Recreation Area. If you park in the surrounding residential area, please do so legally and respect residents at that early hour with minimal noise disruption.
- NOTE that parking in the Park must be in a marked stall; be aware they have issued citations for not doing so.
- Check-in on race morning will be at the Pavilion by the lower lot restroom between 6:20 and 6:55 am. If you miss the 6:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start.
- At check-in, participants will be given a bib with an assigned number.
- At this time, participants and volunteers will not be required to complete a COVID questionnaire or have their temperature taken.
- Once check-in is complete, you will be expected to physically spread out until the 7:00 am start, keeping social distance from others and leaving your face covering on.
- This trail is heavily used and can be narrow. Please use a face covering when passing other trail users.
- All volunteers will wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Toilet is available at start/finish.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided a pre-packaged snack and bottled water/sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Everyone must comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the area promptly after you finish.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19, you should isolate for 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms.
- Contact us. The State Department of health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.