- This trail race has passed.
Vi’s Top of Tantalus
Vi’s Top of Tantalus is a 7 mile trail race on the technical trails of Tantalus Mountain in memory of our dear HURT friend, Vi Medusky-Jones, who passed away from ALS several years ago. The start finish is at scenic Puʻu Ualakaʻa State Park overlooking Honolulu. Plan on steep climbs and descents, and, with any luck, lots of mud.
April 2, 2022 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
*PURCHASE ONLY 1 TICKET PER ACCOUNT.
REGISTRATION OPENS MAR 16, AT 12:30AM HST.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: MAR 30, AT 11:30PM HST.
START LOCATION & COURSE MAP
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed.
- PARKING: No parking inside the Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a State Park for racers. Parking inside the park is limited to volunteers. All participants must park on the shoulder of Round Top Drive outside the entrance of the State Park, with all tires COMPLETELY off of the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged, as shoulder space is limited. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in on race morning will be required at a table set up in the parking lot near the restroom between 7:20 and 7:55 am. If you miss the 7:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start. At check-in, participants will be given a bib with an assigned number. Upon arrival at check-in, do not gather with others.
- Once check-in is complete we will walk toward the start at the Lookout. You will be expected to physically spread out until the 8:00 am start, keeping social distance from others and leaving your face covering on.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are required for all runners at START & FINISH. This trail is heavily used and can be narrow. Please use a face covering when passing other trail users.
- The trail will marked with green ribbons outbound, orange ribbons on return to the park. Blue = Bad. If you see a trail intersection with blue ribbons, it is not part of the race course.
- There are no aid stations and the course is rugged and can be hot. We encourage participants to carry at least 20 ounces of water.
- If you leave the course for any reason, you must check back with the volunteers on course or at the finish so we can account for your whereabouts.
- The state park is open to the public so please be courteous to other outdoor enthusiasts on the course.
- All volunteers will wear PPE (masks). Writing instruments will be marked as cleaned and dirty. Cleaning of marking instruments will be performed at Start/Finish by volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Toilet available at start/finish.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided bottled water and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Everyone must comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the area promptly.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19, you should isolate for 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms.
- Contact us. The State Department of health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.