- This trail race has passed.
Waʻahila Wanderer is our shortest but gnarliest trail race that traverses 5+ miles along the Ko’olau mountain range. Starting at the top of St. Louis Heights, runners will proceed up Wa’ahila Ridge trail, descend down Kolowalu trail to the back of Manoa Valley, and then run back the way they came. We promise you a varied course of Roots! Rocks! Ridges! And steep inclines! Join us in the dirt and hills of the 2nd running of Wa’ahila Wanderer!
April 23, 2022 @ 7:00 am – 11:00 am
*PURCHASE ONLY 1 TICKET PER ACCOUNT.
REGISTRATION OPENS APR 4, AT 12:30AM HST.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: APR 20, AT 11:30PM HST.
LOCATION & COURSE INFO
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed. HURT, Inc. will continue to follow the State of Hawaii, and City and County of Honolulu mask wearing and social distancing guidelines. HURT is currently recommending that if social distancing is not practical, that you wear a mask when in a crowded setting.
- PARKING: Due to the limited parking at the start, runners will need to find street parking. Carpooling is highly encouraged. Parking at the start/finish (Wa’ahila park) will be available to the first 10 vehicles with 3 or more runners inside. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking in the neighborhood. Please be respectful of the surrounding residential area.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in on race morning will be required at tables set up in the park. Upon arrival at check-in, do not gather with others. If gathering with others, please social distance.
- RACE START: Due to some narrow parts of the trail, the race will utilize a waved start. Check for your assigned wave and start time below.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in and attend your wave’s race brief.
Wave 1 – 7:00am
Wave 2 – 7:10am
Wave 3 – 7:20am
- FACE MASKS: Face masks are highly recommended for all runners at the START & FINISH area.
- All volunteers are recommended to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Toilet available at start/finish.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers. Please display the number prominently on the front of your body for timing purposes.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
DURING THE RACE
- ON-COURSE HYDRATION: There will not be aid stations along the WW course. We HIGHLY recommend bringing water with you as the course can be hot and humid.
- The trail is open to the public, so please be courteous to other trail enthusiasts.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided a light snack, bottled water, and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Please comply with the <15–minute contact guidance. If you are lingering with others, we recommend that you wear a mask.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the event, if you should test positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidance from the CDC.
- Contact us. The State Department of Health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.