- This trail race has passed.
Mango Madness is a challenging race that is 10+ miles through tough, technical, and steep terrain of the Tantalus trail system. Participants will be led on a different route every year where there are unexpected detours along the way. Bring your game face and your sense of humor. 🙂
May 21, 2022 @ 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
*PURCHASE ONLY 1 TICKET PER ACCOUNT.
REGISTRATION OPENS APR 23, AT 12:30AM HST.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: MAY 18, AT 11:30PM HST.
RACE START LOCATION
RACE DAY PROCEDURE
- This is a Pre-Race Registration Event. No race day entries will be accepted.
- LOCATION: The race will start/finish at Archie Baker Mini Park. Please be aware that there is construction on the left side of the park. We will set up on the right side, fronting Round Top Drive.
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed. HURT, Inc. will continue to follow the State of Hawaii, and City and County of Honolulu mask wearing and social distancing guidelines. HURT is currently recommending that if social distancing is not practical, that you wear a mask when in a crowded setting.
- PARKING: Please park along the side of Makiki Street or along Makiki Heights Drive. Do not block driveways. All participants must park on the shoulder with all tires COMPLETELY off of the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking in the neighborhood. Please be respectful of the surrounding residential area.
- CHECK-IN: on race morning will be required at a table set up near the pumping station 6:20 – 6:55 am. If you miss the 6:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start.
- FACE MASKS: Face masks are highly recommended for all runners at the START & FINISH area.
- This trail is heavily used and can be narrow. Please use a face covering when passing other trail users. The trail will be marked with bright pink ribbons. Blue ribbons = Bad. If you come across a course marshal (14 of them) please obey all signals and shenanigans.
- There is a very limited aid station about 1/2 way through the course. Please be self-sufficient. We encourage participants to carry at least 36 ounces of water. This course is extremely rugged with lots of vertical feet. Pace yourself and have fun. There is no time cut-off.
- If you leave the course for any reason, you must check back with the volunteers on course or at the finish so we can account for your whereabouts.
- All volunteers are recommended to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- There are no restrooms at the Start/Finish. The closest one is up at the Hawaii Nature Center.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers. Please display the number prominently on the front of your body for timing purposes.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- There will be a Kona Shave-Ice Truck waiting for you. Please help yourself to your flavor of choice. You will need to replenish the calories! There will also be pre-packaged snacks and bottled water/sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Prizes will be given to the top 10 males and females, as well as the last 10 runners. Also, the coveted “King/Queen of the Mountain” trophies will be given to the first male/female to reach the highest point in the race.
- Please comply with the <15–minute contact guidance. If you are lingering with others, we recommend that you wear a mask.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the event, if you should test positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidance from the CDC.
- Contact us. The State Department of Health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.