About the Race
Date: Month Day, Year
Start Time: 7:00 am
Race Director: Melanie Decker Koehl
Mango Madness is a challenging race that is 10+ miles through tough, technical, and steep terrain of the Tantalus trail system. Participants will be led on a different route every year where there are unexpected detours along the way. Bring your game face and your sense of humor. 🙂
NOTE a change at the finish line: We’re proud to announce that the HURT Trail Series will be cupless! Bring your own reuseable cup for post-race rehydration.
Race Check-In Procedure
- LOCATION: The race will start/finish at Archie Baker Mini Park. Please be aware that there is construction on the left side of the park. We will set up on the right side, fronting Round Top Drive.
- PARKING: Please park along the side of Makiki Street or along Makiki Heights Drive. Do not block driveways. All participants must park on the shoulder with all tires COMPLETELY off of the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking in the neighborhood. Please be respectful of the surrounding residential area.
- CHECK-IN: on race morning will be required at a table set up near the pumping station 6:20 – 6:55 am. If you miss the 6:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start.
- At check-in, participants will be given a bib with an assigned number. Please display the number prominently on the front of your body for timing purposes.
- This trail is heavily used and can be narrow, so please be courteous to other trail users. The trail will be marked with bright pink ribbons. Blue ribbons = Bad. If you come across a course marshal (14 of them) please obey all signals and shenanigans.
- There is a very limited aid station about 1/2 way through the course. Please be self-sufficient. We encourage participants to carry at least 36 ounces of water. This course is extremely rugged with lots of vertical feet. Pace yourself and have fun. There is no time cut-off.
- If you leave the course for any reason, you must check back with the volunteers on course or at the finish so we can account for your whereabouts.
- There are no restrooms at the Start/Finish. The closest one is up at the Hawaii Nature Center.
- REMEMBER: Have fun! Be courteous to your fellow runners and show your thanks to the volunteers!
- Contact us if you have any questions.
Makiki Pumping Station (Archie Baker Park)
1959 Makiki Heights Dr
Honolulu, HI 96822