- This trail race has passed.
KAʻENA POINT FIRECRACKER
July 2 @ 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
This race is a fast, flat, out-and-back course that is a little longer than 10 miles and parallels the ocean along jeep trails and an old sugar cane rail line.
Make sure to dress festively for the 4th of July Holiday!
*PURCHASE ONLY 1 TICKET PER ACCOUNT.
REGISTRATION OPENS JUN 11, AT 12:30AM HST.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: JUN 29, AT 11:30PM HST.
RACE START LOCATION
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- From the North Shore, follow the signs to Waialua/Mokuleia. Follow Farrington Highway past Dillingham Airfield and Camp Erdman. At the end of the paved road, you will come to Kaena Point State Park dirt parking lot on your right. Here is a link to the parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/D4vR6wNHRCi9JYhh7
- When you arrive, please take directions from our volunteer Parking Czar. There is NO parking allowed in the main lot; this is for our non-running park visitors. Please park where directed right or left side of the main road. Carpooling is highly encouraged. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
RACE DAY PROCEDURE
- This is a Pre-Race Registration Event. No race day entries will be accepted.
- CHECK-IN: Please plan to arrive no later than 6:45 am to ensure you can get checked in with our sign-in crew. Upon arrival at check-in, do not gather with others. If gathering with others, please social distance.
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed. HURT is currently recommending that if social distancing is not practical, that you wear a mask when in a crowded setting.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers. Please display the number prominently on the front of your body for timing purposes.
- FACE MASKS: Face masks are highly recommended for all runners at the START & FINISH area.
- Carry at least a 20 oz. water bottle, it WILL Be HOT on your way back and you should have water with you!! We also recommend a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, post-run change of clothes, a good attitude, and a large Smile 🙂
- There will be a small aid station on the Yokahama side, mostly to top off your handheld water bottle and maybe a small snack.
- There will be numerous course marshals and other volunteers along the course. Also, remember that we share the trails with public users such as hikers and tourists. Please be courteous to everyone out on the trail.
- Our theme is always Independence Day (4th of July), and we encourage you to wear festive attire!!!
- We recommend you check the weather the night before and plan accordingly. We have had some very hot days, so a change of clothes and some slippers may help you relax and enjoy the post-run ocean.
- Additionally, NO dogs or other pets are allowed at the event or at the park.
- All volunteers are recommended to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- There will be portable toilets near the Start/Finish.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided a light snack, bottled water, and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Please comply with the <15–minute contact guidance. If you are lingering with others, we recommend that you wear a mask.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the event, if you should test positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidance from the CDC.
- Contact us. The State Department of Health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.