Hi all! I’m very excited to see you all for Saturday’s adventure through the technical trails of Tantalus!
Please review the following carefully.
The race will start/finish at Archie Baker Mini Park. Please be aware that there is construction on the left side of the park. We will set up on the right side, fronting Round Top Drive.
There is no course map. The course changes every year and is a secret. Enjoy the adventure and listen to your course marshals.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Have fun and be safe!
– Melanie Decker Koehl (RD)
- Please park along the side of Makiki Street or along Makiki Heights Drive. Do not block driveways. Carpooling is highly encouraged, as space is limited. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- The race starts at 7AM! We are in a neighborhood, so please be courteous and keep noise levels down.
- Pre-race and post-race gathering is allowed but we ask that you socially-distance and wear a mask.
- Check-in on race morning will be required at a table set up near the pumping station 6:20 – 6:55 am. If you miss the 6:55 am cut-off for registration, you must wait until after the race has started to register and begin your run. Your time will not be adjusted for the delayed start.
- At check-in, participants will be given a bib with an assigned number.
- Once check-in is complete, I will give a pre-race briefing.
- This trail is heavily used and can be narrow. Please use a face covering when passing other trail users. The trail will be marked with bright pink ribbons. Blue ribbons = Bad. If you come across a course marshal (14 of them) please obey all signals and shenanigans.
- There is a very limited aid station about 1/2 way through the course. Please be self-sufficient. We encourage participants to carry at least 36 ounces of water. This course is extremely rugged with lots of vertical feet. Pace yourself and have fun. There is no time cut-off.
- If you leave the course for any reason, you must check back with the volunteers on course or at the finish so we can account for your whereabouts.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- Toilet is not available at start/finish. The closest one is up at the Hawaii Nature Center.
- There will be a Kona Shave-Ice Truck waiting for you. Please help yourself to your flavor of choice. You will need to replenish the calories! There will also be pre-packaged snacks and bottled water/sugar-based drink to take with you.
- Prizes will be given to the top 10 males and females, as well as the last 10 runners. Also, the coveted “King/Queen of the Mountain” trophies will be given to the first male/female to reach the highest point in the race.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19, you should isolate for 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms.
- The State Department of health provides the following guidance for isolation and quarantine due to a positive test result or being a close contact of someone that tests positive for COVID-19.