- This trail race has passed.
May 29, 2021 @ 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Mango Madness is a challenging race that is 10+ miles through some tough, technical, and steep terrain of the Tantalus trail system. Participants will be led on a different route every year where there are unexpected detours along the way. Bring your game face and your sense of humor. 🙂
*Only 1 ticket per account is allowed to be purchased.
Deadline to register: May 26, 2021, at 11:30pm.
- Available for purchase at Outside Rocks.
RACE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
- No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed, we need to comply with the < 15-minute contact guidance from the CDC.
- PARKING: All participants must park on the shoulder with all tires COMPLETELY off of the roadway. Carpooling is highly encouraged, as shoulder space is limited. The vehicle operator is solely responsible for consequences that may occur due to illegal parking.
- Runners must wait in their vehicle before proceeding to the check-in tables until 10 minutes prior to their start time.
- CHECK-IN: No sooner than 10 minutes prior to the runner’s respective start time, runners should make their way to the three tables set up in the park. Upon arrival at your check-in time, do not comingle with entrants on the start line in the previous wave.
- TEMPERATURE: Participants and volunteers will have a temperature taken with a temperature of lower than 100.4 °F on race morning in order to participate. Temperature will be taken at check-in by a volunteer. If your temperature is at or above 100.4 °F, you will be refused entry into the event and asked to leave the premises promptly.
- Participants and volunteers will need to respond to the COVID questionnaire with all “no” answers in order to participate. The questionnaire will be made available at check-in.
- STAGGERED START: The start will be staggered – Ten* runners (*number may be adjusted based upon current restrictions) every ten minutes to allow greater physical distancing. Start waves will be distributed via email to participants by Friday, May 28.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are required for all runners at check-in and when passing any other trail users. HURT will provide a face covering for this race at the start.
- All volunteers will wear PPE (masks and gloves). Writing instruments will be marked as cleaned and dirty. Cleaning of marking instruments will be performed at Start/Finish by volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at Start/Finish.
- There are no restrooms at the Start/Finish.
- For tracking purposes, each participant will be given a bib with assigned numbers.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
IMMEDIATE POST RACE
- At the end of the race, you will be provided bottled water and a sugar-based drink to take with you.
- In keeping with the CDC guidance and contact tracing, we need all to comply with the < 15-minute contact rule and we kindly request that you leave the premise promptly.
- Please forgive race management as we usher you off the site after completion of your event to maintain the social distancing policies per our permit.
POST RACE – COVID-19 POSITIVE CIRCUMSTANCES
- Following the race, if you should test positive for COVID-19 via a Laboratory test, the Department of Health (DOH) will be notified of your result, either from the laboratory or your caregiver. Per guidance, at https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/what-you-should-know/what-hdoh-is-doing/ “you should isolate for at least 10 days and until fever-free with improvement of symptoms. DOH contact tracers work directly with the confirmed case to identify any close contacts. If through the investigation the contact tracer determines that through your participation in the training run, you might have had close contact with others, you will be asked to contact those people and alert them of your positive test result”
- For tracking persons, if you need contact information for those deemed close contacts by DOH, please contact us.